Thursday 28 July 2011

Space Wolves

As previously mentioned Space Wolves where my first army and although my much coveted Leman Russ is somewhere on a land fill in the north of England I decided to start again.

This time though I decided to use this as a showcase army. So far this is my slowest painted army and I'm currently averaging one mini in a day of a  painting. Most impressively I've manged to make this army out of 2 boxes of space wolves 2 boxes of wolf guard and 2 single miniatures.

I stared with a ten man squad of Blood Claws, but to emphasise the wild nature of these young marines I swapped out the standard legs for assault marine running legs. Now with ten spare normal SW legs i could order torsos from a reliable bits store and hey presto, 20 marines from a ten man box. I think in total it cost me about an extra £10.

Then came the Wolf Guard, I bought a box to make a standard squad of 4 Wolf Guard and My Customised Wolf Lord. Unfortunately one of my miniatures went missing after taking them into work so my wonderful fiancee forced me to buy another box. (She really did, we had an argument in GW over it that left the staff speechless. It was the first time in their careers they have ever seen someone shouted at for not buying miniatures.)

This second set allowed me freedom to play around, from this I constructed a Wolf Priest, Rune Priest, a Wolf Guard, Lone Wolf and most importantly Arjak Rockfist.

I've added a few more embellishments to the army with a custom built Wolf Priest in Power armour and Some Wolfen.
Oh and I went on a massive scrounge to find all the missile launchers I could to make my long fangs.

All I need now is about six Razorbacks with converted las-plas turrets and I'm sorted.

So Images, first up Sven Bloodhowl. The fluff of this great company really ammused me. Gotta love guys who set themselves on fire for entertainment.


Sven Bloodhowl

That cape was a nightmare!
This guy won me Best Single Miniature on Grey Knights release day in the Middlesbrough GW Store.

Lone Wolf, Einar Stormcrow

Raaaaargh!

Ulrick The Slayer
Ulrik The Slayer
Grey Hunter with Mark Of The Wulfen
Another cunning conversion, the clawed hands are from the rear set of an old Genestealer. Then I just greens stuffed a little fur over the cuffs.
Hairy Palms, nights must be quiet on Fenris!
Ingvar The Bloody
Battle leader of one of my Grey Hunter squads.
Ingvar The Bloody

Wolf Banner
Why wouldn't you field these? Re roll everything for a turn, yes please!

Blood Claw
The running legs really enhance the feels of these guys.


Finally...

Arjac Rockfist
This heavily converted miniature draws it's inspiration from the codex image. The Thunder Hammer was shortened to represent it's special ability (That of Mjolnir, Thor's Hammer).
The Shield was crafted plasticard and green stuff, the cape was cut repositioned and greened to fit and the anvil (perhaps the trickiest bit) was sculpted from a spare Thunder Hammer.

Arjac Rockfist

Arjac Rockfist

Arjac Rockfist

Arjac Rockfist


Next time, Necrons.

No comments:

Post a Comment