Wednesday 27 July 2011

My Dreadnought and the Sons of Ignis

So how did my blog get it's name? Well from this guy
Venerable!
I love this guy, he's awsome. Getting on for 20+ years old now. Beaten up, Painted and stripped several times, but still loved. His arms have gone missing long ago, probably in a house move or in the 15 years of loft storage. I rebuilt his arms using a host of bits from my spares including venerable dread shin pads, rhino driver bodies for shoulder sockets and a guard sentinel close combat arm.

I love using him at the local store, all the kids and even some of the staff are very confused by him, but he's GW so table legal.

The Sons of Ignis project continues at a slow pace but here a few of the minis I've finished so far.

Sticking with Dreadnoughts for now

Iron Clad Dreadnought Battle Brother Vernius

Battle Brother Tyrus

 
Battle Brother Janik
I have a venerable dread in progress at the moment. Most of all I have tried to make as many weapon options for these dreads, the arms are all interchangeable and I've even made weapons for them which currently have no pre made options (Twin linked heavy bolters, Heavy Flamers and Autocannons).

Terminators
First Company Terminators lead by Veteran Sgt Khan

Brother Chaplain Lucianus

First Company Assault Terminators lead by Veteran Sgt Ferox

Still have on more terminator squad and a terminator librarian in the wings.

Not a bad start really, will leave it there for now and post some more later on. Right now, in true British form i need a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment