Sunday 11 September 2011

Tomb World Cyclopea

So first update in a little while and as promised, it's Necrons this time.

First out It's my converted Necron Destroyer Lord.
Necron Destryoyer Lord Conversion

Spider Lord, Spider lord...
Inspiration for this guy came after completing my Tomb Crawler. This guy is you basic spider lord with the addition of some legs from a non GW kit. I drilled holes and then made notches in the side vents to accommodate the joints of the legs.

To answer a question from a mate, the legs come from and old Airfix Robogear kit i got for Christmas ages ago (one of those misunderstood your hobby presents!).
Robogear Spider
The robo gear stuff is out of print now but apparently popular in Russia? I do spot the odd bits on eBay every now and then.

Overall I;m really happy with the look, he's a really imposing mini on the battle field and he gets a lot of attention.

Tomb Crawler

Tomb Crawler
This guy was a Christmas gift from Coz, had a lot of fun putting it together even though it was a nightmare to do. My first Forgeworld model too. He follows the same multiple metal paint scheme as my Necron army with glowing green interiors showing through the slits in the carapace. Base was brought to life by the addition of a hoard of scarabs.
Unfortunately he's been a bit bashed recently and is missing a foot. If any one has a spare let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment