Thursday 30 June 2011

The Sons Of Ignis

Sons Of Ignis
Marines where never my main focus.
When I made the return to wargaming a couple of years ago my initial choice was to play Tyranids but with the rumours of a new codex on the way I decided instead to defer to Necrons, an army that had always interested me. Sure enough the Necron army went well, a healthy collection of warriors and destroyers had built up and i was pleased with progress. At this point i decided to pick up a box of marines just for the fun of building and painting them.

After  browsing throught the list of existing chapters i decided to opt for one of my own design, The Sons Of Ignis.

The first box went well, my painting was a little rusty though overall I was pleased with the result. Then christmas came around and my wonderfull fiance bought me another box of marines. However thsi box was the now oop Space Marine Mega Force.
Hey that should be all the marines I need!


Well it all kind of spiraled from there and I now have enough marines to stock a full battle company.
I pointed the army out the overday and after filling all the slots on a standard FOC it came in at around 3500pts. so much for the little project.

There's still a hell of a lot to paint but it makes an immpressive display.

Sad thing is that i actually need to finish it of with Rhinos, probably another 8 or so.
I've worked up a chapter list, named all my squads and at some point in the future i'll post the details for anyone who's interested to see.
The first stage of recovery is admiting you have a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment